Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Inspiration

So I was reading through the backlog of blogs I needed to read last week, and saw something that got me thinking. I had just had a Turtle Pie from Marie Callender's, and my godmother posted a picture of something that looked oh-so-very tasty. It was a crustless pie amd it got me thinking. "Self," I thought, "what if you tried to make a turtle pie? What would you need to get to make it work?" "Well," I answered, (because this is normal for me. The only problem is, I think I answered myself out loud...) "I would need a pie shell, some kind of a fluffy filling, caramel topping, pecans and chocolate to shave on top."

I made that very pie yesterday. Fortunately, (or unfortunately, your pick) I was too full to try it last night. I guess that's what I get for eating three enchiladas at dinner before making the pie. But that just means that I can try it later today. And if it turns out that it's even better than the one by Marie, I'll post the recipe and DEFINITELY make it again. The one by Marie Callender's is so very tasty that I'm scared to try and make the comparison, but then again, it's so good that it's almost a sin NOT to try to make my own.

So now, the question you may be asking is, "Where can we find the post that helped to inspire your copy of  Marie's Turtle Pie?" The answer is: right here.

:-)

1 comment: