Having a toddler who is growing super fast can be a good thing. It can also be a bad thing. The worst part is that, almost as soon as I get hand-me-downs from her cousins, she outgrows them within a couple of months. She is currently wearing a 2- or 3T (depending on how it's cut) and she has one dress that she can actually wear to church on Sundays. It's a beautiful dress, but there's one little problem: it's white. I mean, ALL white. With pretty beading and embroidery on it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and she wore it on Sunday when we went to church. Now, I'm usually the last person to put a two-year-old in all white, but as all of her other dresses are too short to really be dresses now, I didn't have a whole lot of choice. So it was with more than a little worry that we took our beautiful little girl to church.
Remarkably, when we got home from church Sunday evening, the dress was still just as white as it was when I put it on her. So that was nothing short of miraculous. I kept coming back to the fact that, although one of the worst colors to put on a toddler, mine did fairly well with wearing white. Not that I'm willing to chance that a second week in a row. We're going to Target today to get her another "pretty pretty dress" so she can wear one that's less...ummm...white.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment