Friday, May 18, 2012

My Sisters

I come from a family with five children. Four of us are girls (I will say now that we weren't always kind to our older brother: we ganged up on him more often than not). We had our differences while we were growing up, as most sisters will, and we even had a few fights (not just yelling, but rolling on the floor, pulling hair, hitting, kicking, biting, the works) - one of which I remember quite vividly. It wasn't until we were older that we started to get along...for the most part. We still have our differences, but we don't get into fights like we used to.

Nichelle is the oldest of my three younger sisters. As the middle child in the family, the rest of us saw her as a spoiled brat. We don't see her that way anymore. She moved to Alaska several years ago, and just recently moved from there to Pennsylvania. We don't get to see her very often, but she is down for a few weeks right now, and she brought her little boy with her. She is such a wonderful mom. I'm so proud of how much she's grown since I last saw her a year and a half ago (the last time she came down to visit).

Samantha is the next of my sisters. Other than Nikki, I think I had the most issues with her while growing up. She's always been one to crave the spotlight. She likes attention and tries (a little too hard sometimes) to get the attention she wants. She has grown quite a bit in the last few years, and is a young woman who knows exactly who she is, and what she wants out of life.

Verhanika is the baby of the family. She's come really far since we were kids, too. She recently graduated as a Patient Care Technician from Brookline College, and is working to support her little girl, who she only gets to see part of the time (it's a story that I'm not at liberty to share...if you know Rhani, you probably know the story).

The four of us still have our differences. We have very different personalities, but we're friends in spite of it. My sisters are my very best friends, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

(This was taken at my wedding five and a half years ago)


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment