Friday, March 10, 2023

An update

Quite a bit has happened since my last post, so I'll try to catch everyone up. 

First off, my husband and I now have a teenager. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday she was a baby and now she's as sassy and attitude-filled 13-year-old. We don't feel like we're old enough to have a teenager, but I guess we are.

Said teenager is currently on her eighth grade trip, and is excited to get to do the things on the itinerary. She's been looking forward to this trip and I'm glad she could go. She's also excited to start high school next year. (Her dad and I are less excited about that, but only because she'll be in high school.) She's been accepted to take an AP course, and if she can handle the workload, she'll be just fine. She's definitely smart enough to do it.

The baby is still growing and still adorable. He's now awake through most of the day, and sleeps almost all the way through the night. He still wakes up a couple of times, though. He's about five and a half months old and is doing great. He's still trying to get the hang of moving, but hasn't quite figured it out yet. He likes to stand on people's laps and be carried around.

Our other two girls are doing well, too. Our middle daughter had strep throat last week, but she got the antibiotics she needed and is doing much better now. And our youngest girl is trying to be the best big sister she can be, which includes trying to carry her little brother around. (Which she keeps being told not to do, but she doesn't always listen--she wants to be like the big kids.)

My husband and I are trying to come to grips with the fact that we may not feel like we're getting older, but we definitely are. Things that used to be easy for us, like staying up past 10 o'clock at night, are harder now. But that's life, I guess.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment