This has been an interesting week. I learned how to patch an IPS file for a game emulator, I baked a cake for my niece's birthday, and little man got his first tooth.
Our oldest has gotten back into wanting to play Pokemon on the computer, so we downloaded an emulator for her to be able to play. Unfortunately, the only copies of the game she wanted weren't in full color, so we had to look around to find a version of the game that was in full color. We finally found a patch file that would make the game full color like she wanted, but I had to learn how to apply the patch. (This isn't like anything I've ever had to do.) After a couple of YouTube tutorials, I found out that I needed to download an app to apply the patch to the game. We downloaded the app, applied the patch, and now her game is just as she wants it, and she can play Pokemon in full color.
For me, baking is therapy. For one thing, because it's a LOT cheaper than driving out to see a therapist (with gas being almost $5/gal where we are, we need to save however we can), but also because I feel relaxed measuring and mixing the ingredients and then baking them to perfection. It's something I've always loved to do, which is why I went to school to get a diploma in Pastry Arts. Any way, I was asked to bake the cake for my niece's birthday party yesterday. At first I was told to do something with Roblox and the color blue. No big deal, I can do that. Then my brother-in-law came over to put the ice pops in our freezer (they live next door, so it's not like it was a big deal to do that), and told me that she had picked out unicorn decorations for her party. Okay, no Roblox. The cake had already been crumb coated and was in the fridge to chill, so all I really had to do was change the decoration. Luckily my kids had talked me into getting colored sprays and I was able to do a really cool design on the cake. Then we get there, I see the decorations and they're MERMAIDS. Whelp, unicorns and mermaids go together well, so it was no big deal. We enjoyed burgers, hot dogs, cake, and ice pops, as well as having fun with family. All in all, it was a great party.
Lastly, Little Man finally has a tooth poking through. It's just the top edge of the tooth, but it's enough for him to have discovered he can use it when he chews on people's fingers. We've been putting a teething gel on his gums since we noticed the tooth, and it seems to be helping at least a little bit. Thankfully, he doesn't bite when I'm feeding him, though he does pinch. And let me tell you, that HURTS. But he's doing well, he's growing "perfectly" according to his doctor, and he loves to play. He especially loves to play with his sisters, and he's always giggling when he does. He's been eating more solids, and we've found a few things that he likes (mango) and a few things he doesn't really care for (meats--I can't say I blame him, they smell weird). I was able to get enrolled in WIC when he was still new, so I get the baby foods through them.

No comments:
Post a Comment