Sunday, February 22, 2015

Update

So it's been a long time since I posted. I know I'm not as good about it as I used to be...

The girls are doing fabulously. Jeannie has started Headstart and she's loving every minute. She's loving having so many friends that she gets to see so often, and she loves the songs and getting to do art projects and make paint and all of the crazy things she gets to do. She adores her teachers. The only downer is that she's REALLY hard to get going in the mornings. Kinda like I was through Junior High... *sigh*

Mary, on the other hand, has discovered her inner hellion. There's really no other description for it. I can only assume that now that she doesn't have Jeannie instigating things in the mornings, she's decided to take it upon herself. And so the cat gets locked on the bathroom. A lot. And the wipes get pulled out of the package if we don't put them up where she can't reach them. (I don't remember having that problem with Jeannie...)

This last Halloween (yes I know that was months ago) I decided I wanted to make our costumes. So I asked Jeannie what she wanted to be. And because of her addiction(for lack of a better word) was Jake and the Neverland Pirates, she wanted to be a pirate. And so she was. 
I told her to make a pirate face, and this is what I got.

Since Mary (at that point) was refusing to talk, (she could, but since Jeannie was kind enough to do it for her, she didn't want to) Jeannie told me that Mary should be a fairy like Tinker Bell. So Mary got to be a fairy.

Being very pleased with my work thus far I started on my costume. Princess Peach. But I added som purple since, quite frankly, I'm not a huge fan of that much pink...
Yay! I made myself a pretty dress! And it only took me about three days! (I had the girls' costumes done in less than two.) And I decided that hoops are so not worth it! I would never have survived the time period when they were "fashionable"...

I offered to make AJ's costume, but we didn't have a lot of time by that point, so we bought a costume for him. He didn't mind, but I kind of did. Oh well. He still looked good.

And so we were ready for Halloween. The girls got so much candy, they filled a diaper box with it. We made a significant dent in it by Christmas, what with us having a bunch of AJ's friends over every week, and I was thinking that if I never saw that box filled again it would be too soon. Then we went to my dad's for Christmas. Apparently he doesn't mind giving lots of candy for Christmas, so the box was filled up again. It took us until the end of January to get rid of all that candy.

And now here we are, just over a week before Jeannie turns five. She's the same size as your average 8 year old, the biggest kid on her class, but only by a little. The next tallest kid is a boy who's only an inch or two shorter than her.

Mary is finally starting to catch up with other kids her age and jumped from a nine month size to an eighteen month size with barely a pause for the twelve month. She's still the itty bitty, but she's not as little as she was.

AJ is still at the U of A, three days a week taking three classes each day. It's getting to the point where neither of us can wait until he's done. I think after this he has only a semester or two left.

I will be starting school again in the fall. I've taken a long time off and I'm ready to go back. I didn't realize that I only had one class left to take for my associates, or I would have gone back sooner. Ah, well.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment