I don't know if the kids really listened to what was being said, but they all got a (possibly) once-in-a-lifetime experience. They got to shake hands with an Apostle of the Lord. Even Jeannie, who often doesn't really care for experiences that force her to leave her room (more on that at another time) thought it was "pretty cool" to shake his hand. I figure I'll take it and count it as a win--especially since she's nearly a teenager and doesn't like to admit things like that to Mom.
After the conference, Elder Anderson had to leave directly for the airport (I assume he had appointments to get to in Utah or other states), so we stood and waited to give him an opportunity to get to the car and not be stuck in a traffic jam trying to get out of the parking lot. He waved to the crowd as he was leaving, so it was a pretty cool opportunity for all of us.
Elder Anderson based his talk on the one that President Nelson gave in the last General Conference. He even made fun of himself for using a print copy of the Liahona (formerly the Ensign) when he was referring to the talk. He had a very dry sense of humor, which was interesting to see. (The picture included is one I took of the screen. I wish we could've gotten there early enough to sit closer to the front, but we were lucky to get there on time.)
No comments:
Post a Comment