Let me just say that recovering from surgery is no fun. I went in to get my fallopian tubes removed this last Friday, and I'm so sore. Sitting up is difficult, and laying on my side to feed the baby is rough (mainly because he keeps kicking me in the stomach, right where my incisions are). I'm slowly getting better, but I'm not supposed to be twisting, bending or lifting more than 10 pounds until I see the doctor in a couple of weeks, and I can't drive until this coming Friday. Those who know me know that I'm not one who likes to ask for help from people, so I didn't tell many people that I was going in for the surgery. The only ones who knew beforehand were my husband and kids, and my sister (she picked the kids up from school on Friday).
Our middle daughter turned 10 this last week, so that's been fun. Her birthday was the day before I had my surgery, so we didn't do a birthday party this weekend, but the (tentative) plan is to do one next weekend. I told the kid that she needed to decide what she wanted her party to be.
The baby is scooting along really well now. He tries to climb up to wherever he sees a person, so he often gets frustrated. He has learned to climb off the bed feet first (but only if he's awake--if he is still sleepy from a nap he'll go head first), and he loves to play with toys. I have a giant stuffed duck that I won at the fair and he laughs hysterically whenever he sees it.
I went to a "birthday party" of sorts for the babies that were born in the last year in our old ward. It was a lot of fun and the babies all had a blast. Little man went to town on his smash cake and ended up having to have a bath afterward. He ended up going to get his sisters from school as a "nakey boy" (that's what we call it--he was wearing nothing but a diaper). Mary got sassy with me until she saw the pictures from the party. She thought they were adorable.
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment