This past week has been...interesting. I had surgery the Friday before last, and I haven't been able to twist, bend, lift or stretch until recently. I also haven't been able to drive. So I've had to have people (mostly my awesome sister) drive me around when I needed to go somewhere. Thankfully the kids are on summer break, so I've had a little bit of help when I needed the baby picked up or carried somewhere. I could hold him, but I couldn't carry him. He wasn't too pleased with that, because if he needed a nap, I'd have to have one of his sisters carry him to my room so I could lay down with him. I've been trying really hard the last few days to not overdo things, but it's hard when I'm used to doing things for everyone and now I can't do that.
We went on a family walk tonight, and I was just barely able to make it the whole way. The girls loved it, because they got to ride in the stroller (hubby was carrying the baby) while I pushed it--that was my secret to making it the whole way: I had something to hold on to.
The girls have given me their summer activity "wish lists". This should make it easier to figure out what to do with them while they're out of school for the next 2 1/2 months. There are things on their lists like "go to the splash pad", "go camping/hiking", and "family movie night". So all I have to do is figure out which activity that we're going to do each day. I also have a few ideas as to things we can do, so we should have a pretty fun summer.
I gave a talk in church today. The topic was "How can we help others to prepare for the second coming of the Savior?" I was really worried that my anxiety issues would get in the way of me being able to give a good talk, but a lot of people came up to me and said that they really liked my talk, so maybe I did okay.
Little man isn't feeling too great today. He started running a fever while we were at church, and I had to give him medicine for it when we got home. His fever has been steadily climbing again since giving him the medication, so I'll have to give him more medicine when I get done with this. I'm really hoping this is just a bug and not something worse. I always get worried when little ones get sick. He's really tired and lethargic, but he's responding to outside stimuli, so there isn't a need to take him to be seen.
Other than that, things are going well for us this week. Our younger two girls got all A's and B's on their final report cards, so we want to take them somewhere to celebrate their accomplishment. Their school teaches a grade level and a half ahead, so getting all A's and B's is something that is not at all an easy thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment