Monday, June 26, 2023

Exciting news

Things have been a little crazy here the last couple of weeks, so I haven't had the time to get to post. My sister started a new job, so I've been watching my nephew on the days she and my brother-in-law work. It can be pretty crazy having an extra little running all over the place, but we manage pretty well.

I've started going to the gym a few days a week to use the treadmill. When I started, I was doing about a mile and a half in an hour, but I've gotten to the point where I can do a mile and a quarter in about 40 minutes. I can tell that I'm getting faster and it's getting easier.

I've also started the process of getting bakery registered as a Cottage business. I submitted the application last night and I should hear back from them via email in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited because all I'll have to do to keep it registered is keep my food handler's card up-to-date and renew the registration when it comes up due (I'm not sure how often I'll have to renew that because I'm new to this whole thing). I got my food handler's card when I was doing my externship for school, and doesn't need to be renewed until next year. My menu items didn't really have to change, since just about everything is on the approved list (there were only two things I wasn't sure about, but I'm just opting to not make those a part of my menu for now), so that was nice to find out. I'm going to do some more studying to make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong, but the website has a lot of information that I can refer to.

In other news, baby is now pulling himself up to stand. So now we really need to watch out. He's figuring everything out so fast and it's really fun to watch him learn how to do things. He loves to eat--to the point where if he's awake, he wants to eat. He especially loves pasta, eggs and just about anything that resembles bread. He still nurses quite a bit, but that's fine with me.

Summer break is in full swing, with the girls wanting to go swimming and to splash pads just about every day. I can't say that I blame them, it's been 100 degrees or higher just about every day. That's life in the desert, I suppose.


:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment