So the last time I posted on here was a couple of weeks ago, and boy do I have some exciting news...
If you remember, in my last post I mentioned that I had applied to register as a cottage business for my bakery. I said that I shouldn't hear back for at least a couple of weeks, and I'd let you all know when I heard back from them...
I heard back. In fact, I heard back from them a LOT sooner than I expected to. Their website said it could take 7-10 business days (so about 2 weeks) before they got to my application, let alone approved anything. I got an email from them the morning after I submitted my application (it was a whopping 16ish hours) saying that I've been APPROVED. I'm so excited, and I'll admit that I cried when I got the email. My 7-year-old asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing was wrong, and that I got approved to sell my baked goods from home. So she started crying because she was so happy (I can't imagine where she got that from...). My 10-year-old was on the phone with her friends when I told her and she got really excited, too, as did her friends. My 13-year-old asked me what all the noise was about, and when we told her that I was accepted into the Cottage program, she was really happy for me.
All of the kids have been super supportive, helping me design a logo, giving me feedback on my menu designs, and being (very willing) taste-testers when I bake. Hubby has been super supportive too. I'm so glad that I'm able to make this step.
In other news, summer break is starting to wind down. School starts in just a few weeks, and the girls are starting to look forward with excitement (and some anxiety) to the coming school year.
Meanwhile, our little man has discovered a new way to move: cruising. He started up with it today, and just loves that he can be on the move while standing. (And considering standing is one of his favorite things to do, you can imagine the smile on his face when he did it.) He also has four teeth now, and loves to remind people that they're there. There's two on the top and two on the bottom, and he bites people when he's trying to play with them, which is something that we're trying to get him to stop doing.
All in all, it's been a fun couple of weeks, with lots of swimming and splash pad visits, so I think we can call this summer break a success.
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment