Sunday, August 25, 2024

Hello again

 I know, I know. It's been a LONG time since I last updated. So, instead of trying to jump all over the place and try to remember what's been going on for the last 8 months, I'll just do the update person by person.

Our oldest just started high school. We're homeschooling since that seems to be the best option for her. We homeschooled for the second half of her 8th grade year, and that seems to have been a lot better for her than any of the other options we tried. She's on track to graduate at the end of next year if she keeps her grades up, and she couldn't be happier about that. She's currently 5'11" and couldn't be more thrilled to be taller than both of her parents (I'm 5'6" and my husband is 5'10").

Our middle daughter started middle school this year. She's already saying that her schedule is crazy, but she's doing well in her classes so far, so there doesn't seem to be a problem there. She has at least a few friends in her classes, so that's going well for her too. She mentioned that she's interested in trying out for a couple of teams or joining a club this year, so if we're able to do that, we absolutely will. She is a social butterfly and needs social interaction to survive.

Our youngest daughter is in third grade and is...less than happy about one of her teachers. This is the first year that she doesn't have one teacher for all of the core classes. She does not like this teacher and keeps saying that the teacher is mean. I reserve the right to pass judgement until I have met her. We've already had a problem with this teacher this year, and all I can say is, things can really only get better.

The baby is, well, not a baby anymore. He'll be 2 soon, and he loves to get into everything. His favorite things to play with are cars and balls, but he also enjoys playing with just about everything else, too. He's gotten so big, too. Most people think he's almost 3, rather than not quite 2. So, of course, that means he's growing out of all of the clothes I bought for him at the beginning of the summer, thinking that he'd be growing into a 2T rather than out of it...such is life. His older sister was the same way. Which really only tells me that he's gonna be a giant, too.

My husband is still working pest control, so not much has changed there. He's still working long hours in the summer, and he's still doing his best to do everything he can to provide for our family.

I'm doing okay. I've been struggling recently, but I'm slowly getting better. I've started PT again for my sciatica and they said that I'm making pretty good progress. To the point where after September, I should only need to go every 2-3 weeks instead of every week. I've been the one homeschooling our oldest, so most of my days consist of making lesson plans, teaching, grading tests, etc. The nice thing about it is that if I need my husband's help with something, he can help me. So that's fun. The most interesting thing is that while I am teaching the teenager these lessons, our son is right there still needing me to be mama. I never planned to homeschool, but I often heard growing up that if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment