Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Travel Plans

So I was working on my Family History last night, and I realized that even though AJ and I take a trip to California every year for our anniversary, we haven't seen my Great-Grandparents in almost four and a half years. We always say that we're going to go see them, but our plans always fall through for one reason or another (two years we overbooked ourselves, a third I was pregnant and not very willing--or able--to make a twelve-hour drive, and last year we were'nt able to go to California at all because we had gone earlier in the year). So I asked AJ if we could make it a point to see them this November, and he says "Why not sooner? I'm off for a week at the end of March." So I looked into how much it would cost us to go to California on both a Greyhound bus and on a plane, and although the plane is twice as much as a Greyhound, it's also a lot faster (keep in mind that we'll be traveling with a one-year-old). So I think that the plan is to fly from Tucson to Sacramento and get a ride to Great Grandma and Grandpa's, and stay there for the week, then fly back. I think. The downside to the plan is that we'll be dipping into the money we're trying to save to buy a car, but the upside is that they'll be able to meet their Great-great-granddaughter, and I think that's more important in the long run.

<3

P.S.
Rob-
I'm sorry if you thought I was opening with a Mormon joke, but that's really how the conversation started. Love you, Big Brother! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment