There are some things that just REALLY get on my nerves: such as people who can't see me CROSSING THE STREET in a CROSSWALK with a STROLLER, and decide to turn the corner anyway (this has happened too many times to count); people who tell me that they'll take care of their responsibilities (such as, oh I dunno, THE DOG THEY LEFT AT MY HOUSE) then don't answer the phone when I call or text, and THEN expect me to treat them like a responsible adult. Let me tell you one thing about that, honey: NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I'm tired of people assuming that just because I said I would help, I'll take control of the responsibilities.
I'm the mother of a one-year-old, a full-time stay-at-home mom and wife, a part-time student, and trying to plan not only a five-day trip to California, but also a day-long trip to Mesa AND a small party for my daughter's first birthday. Does ANYBODY think I have the time to do a whole lot else? I barely have time for the things I have to do daily, let alone for me! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
Okay...rant over. Thank you for your patience. Now on to happier things...
Miss Jeannie will be a year old in just a couple of days. She has grown so fast! I can barely believe it. Just this last Saturday, my husband got her the "Your Baby Can Read" DVD set, and while watching it, she decided to try to walk across the living room. Emphasis on try. She took three steps, then faceplanted on the edge of the coffe table. Luckily, the table has rounded edges just for that very reason, but she ended up bleeding a little bit, and screaming a LOT (and I can't say that I blame her for that, as she landed mouth-first), so she got to suck on a cold, wet paper towel. She's fine now, but she wasn't too happy about it at the time (for the obvious reason).
AJ and I went to the local DES office about a week and a half ago, and we just got letters from them today telling us that our applications to renew our benefits have been approved. Even I have to admit, for the DES in Arizona, that's pretty quick (in the past, we've waited up to a month to get any kind of letters from them, so only a week and a half is pretty good).
That's a Monday for you. :-) Have a great one!
No comments:
Post a Comment