So much has happened in the last few days.
Friday Jeannie had her twelve-month check-up, and wasn't too happy to be poked five times (twice in each leg for immunizations and once in the arm for a blood draw). It didn't help that the appointment was during her usual nap time and lasted most of the day.
Jeannie's birthday "party" went well. She had her first taste of chocolate (ate half a Hershey's bar to herself over the course of the day), a few Doritos, and other junk food (the look on her face was one of "I have a tummy ache, but it was SO worth it"). She got a few new toys, the biggest of which is a mini trike. We got to spend all day with family, and her Daddy was even able to go, since he had a short day at work. All in all, Saturday was a good day.
Sunday we went to church and did the usual Sunday thing--just relaxed all afternoon.
Monday, AJ got off work early again and we were able to go to a friend's house for the afternoon. We played games, watched movies, and just hung out with people we haven't seen for a while. Also, I figured out how to get Jeannie to drink her milk. I have to pour it into a "big girl" cup, pretend to drink it, then ask her if she wants some. That's the only thing that's worked so far. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to get her to drink it in her sippy cup, so I don't have to keep an eye on her the whole time she's drinking it.
Meanwhile, Jeannie's doing just fine. She's in the 25th percentile for her size, and WAY ahead of the average for her age in everything else. The doctor told me on Friday that she's a "very intelligent little girl" and that I should "keep doing" what I'm doing with her, "because it's helping". Translation: "your child is a genius for her age and you should keep up the good work." This is the second doctor to tell me that. It's kinda cool to have that confirmed by her pediatrician, but we've known that she was special since she was a couple weeks old, if not before.
She's already learning to use he imagination. Right now she's playing with a mixing bowl and a plastic spoon, stirring like she sees Mommy do in the kitchen, and "tasting" what she's stirring. It's fun to watch. I'll try to get a video of it and post it on here so you can see her doing it. It's just too cute.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment